Smoked Venison Tenderloin Served Cold
- Venison Tenderloin
- Black pepper
- olive oil
- Start out with a clean venison tenderloin, be sure to remove any blood or silver skin.
- Remove from fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30 min.
- Rub tenderloin with a little oil and roll in cracked black pepper, make sure the whole tenderloin is covered in pepper. It may seem like allot but the smoke will help mild down the pepper and it is going to be sliced very thin.
- Smoke at 225-275 F until internal temp gets to 145 F. I like to use cherry or apple wood for this recipe. Because this is served cold I also like to get it closer to medium well.
- When you get to 145 F internal temp remove from smoker and let rest for 10-15 min before putting into fridge.
- Remove from fridge after it has had time to get cold in the center and slice thin about 1/8 inch slices. You can serve as is or I like to serve on a cracker with cream cheese and a candied jalapeno.